Monday, March 11, 2013

Bestie Visit & Snowbowl

My bestie and her hubby rolled into town from SoCal to visit me check out the Waste Management Open. He works in the golf industry and was truly interested in the game being played.  Sharie and I were more interested in making a fashion statement.  Oh and a statement I made in my Pro Compression socks.  The WAMO is one of Phoenix's biggest events of the year and provides some of the best people watching out there.  I was a solo tour guide because Eric was busy bringing home the bacon.

There's golf being played here?! 
 Sharie and Albert love how all the restaurants Scottsdale has to offer.  I try and take them to new places each time they visit.  This time we hit up The Cider Mill for a casual lunch.  Their sandwiches are so awesome and they also have a homemade soda bar.  Diet orange cream soda?!  Yes, please.

  Friday evening we ventured out to Grazie for wood-fired pizza and wine.


We hit up 5th & Wine for an after dinner cocktail.  I found out Sharie had never drank a bloody mary.  Who are you?!  The very nice bartender gave her a little mini one to try; thank goodness we cleared that up.  To top the night off, we hit up Yogurtland.  No evening out is complete without it.  When did I get so old?!

My personal shopper.  Clearly I couldn't have picked this out myself.
Saturday we ate breakfast at one of Eric and my favorite places, Dottie's True Blue Cafe.  Sharie and I polished off some amazing peach sparkling something-or-other mimosas.  So good, I can't remember the details.
Get some!  You will not be disappointed.

Then, it was off to the open.  I tried to explain what they might see, but I don't think they were quite prepared for the sh*t show that unfolded.  Watching drunk people make a spectacle of themselves in public is quite possibly one of life's most fun adventures.  It's not like I've ever been in their shoes. No, never.
Awesome to see ASU Alum Phil Mickelson win!
We played there until the late afternoon and then hit up Four Peaks for some local brew.  I can't believe I've never taken them here before; blasphemy.  We did a little shopping at the Scottsdale Quarter.

Pics are always required when purchasing Lulu.
We were pretty tired from being in the sun all day, so we decided to make our own version of Postino's yummy bruschetta at home.  We sent our assistant to gather the goods a la Paris style.



The sun was barely up the following morning and they were out the door.  :(  Until next time...

Eric and I decided to spend Valentine's Day skiing at Snowbowl in Flagstaff.  We left early morning and hit up a big breakfast at The Good Egg. I skied for many years as a kid and teenager, but it had been a good twenty years since I had been on the white stuff.  We stopped in Flag to rent my goods at Ski Haus.  Awesome and fast service; we were in and out in ten minutes.  Not to mention, $25 for all day rental; sounds like a good deal to me. 

Eric and I had attended the Warren Miller film in Scottsdale and as a result had free lift tickets; awesome deal!  My ski adventure started off slowly and Eric was very patient.  It eventually started coming back to me and I eased off the bunny slope and onto the main mountain.

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day.
It was a perfect day for skiing; the sun was shining and it was like being on a private mountain.  We finished off the day with a beer at the lodge.

Apres beer!
Since it was Valentine's Day and we were pretending to be romantic we hit up dinner at a Diners, Drive-ins & Dives restaurant, Salsa Brava.  I helped myself to a margarita and some tacos while my chaffeur drank water in order to drive us home safely.  That's love.

Nothing quite captures my heart like Mexican food.

No comments:

Post a Comment