Sunday, September 29, 2013

Rock N Roll Half Marathon Portland

Another race, another city!  This is actually my 2nd year doing this race, but they slightly changed the course this year.  This year's expo was a classic RnR event.  Last year was the inaugural and it was super small and quiet.  I like to stop by the booth's of my favorite products and then get the heck out.  The crowds get crazy in these expos and I'm not up for the cattle herding pre-race. 

Hello tourist!

Love Power Bar.

 I love the Chobani bus.  They were passing out not only cups of yogurt, but even flips! 
Cascadian Farm...some of my favorite granola/cereal ever!
Food Should Taste Good...home of the best sweet potato tortilla chips.  The best.
Last, but not least.  Clif Bar.

Ready to run.  Zoot + Hoka love.

The race itself is awesome.  We both started in the first corral.  My only real complaint was the porta potty situation.  The lines were sooooo long and I had to go again right before the race started, so I had to end up holding it.  I went into the race wanting to run a 1:35.  I went 1:37:34 last year and ran 1:36:24 this year.  Closer, yet no cigar.  To PR on a hilly course made me happy, but I look forward to that 1:35 soon.

Post race happiness.
Our cheering section.
Next time you're in Portland, I highly recommend brunch at Genies Cafe.  They have this amazing concoction called the Bimosa, chilled sparkling wine with peach schnapps and OJ.  They also have a great selection of bloody mary's as well.  I really don't think you can go wrong with the food either, I tasted quite a few delicious items.  I may or may not have helped myself to everyone's plates.  I went with the Bacon Eggs Benedict, spot on! There was a special when we were there for banana nut waffles...OMG!


Bimosa...perfect post-race beverage.

All my favorite running stuff.  Thank you TriScottsdale, Muscle Milk, Tribe Multisport, Coach Sully, Yurbuds, Pro Compression, HoneyStinger, and Garmin!

If you need me, I'll be on the patio with a home brew and my compression socks.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome race! Congrats on your PR! I haven't ran an open 13.1 injury-free in years… high time to change that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ooooh, have you picked out a 13.1 yet? We are doing San Diego RnR in June next year.

      Delete