Friday, September 27, 2013

Night Run Recap

How many races are at night; not many, right?!  The last two years, I've done The Night Run in Scottsdale as a tune up for the Portland Half Marathon.  It's a fun event because it runs through the downtown/bar scene.  The downside to the race is that it's May in Arizona...HOT.  Some people would say it wasn't that bad, but I don't perform well in the heat, so it's a definite stretch for me.  This year seemed hotter than last year, but who knows.  My time was right around the same as last year for the 8K; 36 something.  Not fantastic; not horrible.  Fitness in the bank and fun night with friends. 

Hardest part of a night run...trying to sit around more than usual.  Addy has the laying around down to an art.  Thanks Pro Compression for the assistance.
Riding to the race with my Muscle Milk!

Trish, me, and Julie!  Love that they came out and did this race with me.

Post race recovery station was awesome.  Packed with fruit, cookies, and all kinds of goodies.
Lucky enough for 1st AG.  Thank you Tri Scottsdale & Muscle Milk for the support.
I love these two; so cute and supportive. 
Only 5 miles...who sweats this much?!


































No comments:

Post a Comment