Thursday, August 21, 2014

Napa: Day 2 - Is all the wine gone?!

My friend Kimmy and I started off the day at the local gym, Exertec, with a fun spin class.  For $10 we got to attend the class and use any of the other facilities.  Rockin' out to Michael Jackson, good times.  After spinning, I hit up the pool; a great start to day that would be full of lots of wine.

Lucky enough, the Starbucks was on my short jaunt back to the hotel. Imagine my excitement when I found they had a Clover!! Oh, happy day.


Our first stop was Robert Mondavi. I had actually been to this winery years ago, but it was nice to visit again. We had a very nice and personable guide who put up with our crew of cackling women.

Making wine is a skill, fine wine is an art. ~Robert Mondavi
The Group
The vineyards were gorgeous.

Sans spandex and ponytails.
Grape crusher
I wish this was my basement.
Our private tasting room!
Yummm!
Having fun with our guide; leaning with the statue.

Our next stop was Del Dotto for some fun cave tasting. We had a funny and charismatic guide who charmed many of our ladies.

Ladies of Del Dotto

Tasting in the cave was really fun!
I love this contraption they use to get the wine out of the barrel.
Too bad you can't pour wine like this everyday.

The bunghole, where the good stuff comes out!
I love this picture. All trouble.
The birthday girl and me!
Our last stop of the day was Trinchero.  We had a nice and relaxing taste outside in the gorgeous afternoon.

Pretty sure I could live here without any issues.



That evening we had dinner at Norman Rose Tavern. We had reserved the private dining room and it was perfect for our crazy and loud group of women! The service and food were great as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment