Thursday, July 11, 2013

Addy

Eric had been wanting a dog for quite sometime.  He would check out the rescue sites online, but every night he would show me a different dog.  When you pick out a specific one, let me know.  I know, I'm the sweetest person ever.  One Monday afternoon, I get a text message with a picture of a dog.  I didn't think much of it, Eric is a random texter; I figured it was a dog he encountered and wanted to share. A few minutes later he calls and says, I want to bring this dog home.  PUMP THE BRAKES.

He goes on to tell me a very sad story; you can already imagine how this ends.  Her owner was in a minor car accident because he was having a heart attack and later died at the hospital.  Eric responded to the accident and the dog was in the back seat.  Long story short, the family couldn't take the dog and wanted the dog to go to an active home.  I can't make this stuff up.  I agreed to meet the dog and see what I thought.

We met at the Wag N Wash because she desperately needed a bath.

I learned that her name was Angel and her owner was a local Priest.  Talk about going from an angelic home to living with the heathens.  To make a long story short, she was adorable and we brought her home. We have since found out that she's 3 years old and in great health.  We are super lucky; she's completely potty trained, doesn't chew, and minds well.  We're very happy to welcome her to our home. 


Addy and the professional dog walker.  Right.

Settling in with her babies!

Don't even think about stealing my bone!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweetie! She's so cute! And, what a sad story :( … glad you're able to give her a home!

    ReplyDelete