Tuesday, October 8, 2013

California Lovin'

I got to head home to see the family over the 4th of July weekend.  There's nothing better than getting out of 100+ degree sweltering heat and landing in a perfect 80 and sunny.  My sister and BIL, Zeb, recently bought an adorable house and I finally got to see it.  This was such a great trip because I just got to hang out with the family, do a little training, and relax.  My trip in pictures.

Riding with my Sisi, starting the trip off right!

Top of Wheeler Canyon.
I swear this is the only flat road in Southern California.
The farm roads were a nice change to the normal desert views.
Oooh, love visiting my parents house.  This is only the backyard fridge.
Their new favorite hobby.  My Dad & BIL.
The ladies of the family, minus Addy.  
Representing the 4th with our Pro Compression socks!
Ventura has a place called The Cave.  It's a really cool wine bar and I like going there when I visit.  You can taste different wines in either 1,3, or 5 ounces for varying amounts, out of this cool dispenser thing.  There's a dispenser for reds, whites, and bubbly/dessert wines.  You just load up a gift card with a fixed amount and then you use the card to taste.  They also have a marketplace area to buy wine and they serve yummy food as well.  Maybe I need to open one of these in Arizona; it's always packed when I go in Cali.

Genius wine tasting idea.
Got to meet up with my friend Terri when I was home as well.
Sisi and I went running...up close and personal.
I ran up Wheeler Canyon too!  Fun times. 
I was about one mile from my sister's house when I flatted.  Yes, my Daddy came and picked me up.  Well, he picked the bike up and handed me running shoes to get home. 
Party at my Sister's house.  She doesn't mess around. 
My Dad.  I heart him.  Even when he makes fun of my hat.
Dad and his girls.

Yes, I'm in my pajamas.  I'm classy like that.
One of my favorite places to eat in Ventura, Snapper Jacks!
Gorgeous coastal running.
This view sucks.  I'd rather live in the desert with dirt and cacti.  Said no one EVER. 
  Until next time SoCal.

No comments:

Post a Comment