Monday, October 7, 2013

Flagstaff & Humphrey's

Have you ever been to the Phoenix area during the summer?  It's hot and pretty miserable; therefore, I like to get out of town as much as my bank account will let me.  This includes heading North to Flagstaff. We grabbed our friends Jessicah & Brian and hit the road; leaving Addy and their dogs to take care of each other.  We started off the trip by hiking Mt. Humphreys.  Humphrey's Peak is the highest elevation point in Arizona at 12,633 feet. 

What?!  You don't take pictures in Safeway parking lots?? All the cool kids do.
Let's get this party started.

Brian & Jess; lovebirds for life.

Mmmmm, jerky & trail mix.
Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum, oh wait they like to be called Starsky & Hutch...needing to take a rest.
On top of the world!
A little Muscle Milk love.
Love him.  Even though he doesn't read my blog.
I won this Zoot backpack in a raffle and LOVE it. 
Looks so different without snow, but the beer tastes just the same!
Such a fun and perfect day.  I didn't even get an altitude headache this time.  Interesting that my Garmin distance was farther than the posted signs; I'll go with Garmin.  My Sweaty Band didn't move once!
We had a fantastic dinner at Tinderbox!  Awesome service and phenomenal food.  Go check it out next time you're in Flag.
They have a cute little lounge next to the restaurant where you can wait for your table.  We didn't wait long and got ourselves a tasty bottle of wine to share. 

Cool kids also take pictures of their shoes.  Jessicah and I clearly have all the style with matching sandals.
We hit up Buffalo Park the following morning to walk off the food coma stretch the legs before heading back to the heat.  We tried a few of the obstacle areas around the park.  We all learned that I most certainly cannot climb a rope.  Thank goodness nobody has a video of that.

Check out those glasses.
Please don't make me leave.

The best part of coming home.  Eric does not approve of her on the bed, but how can you resist that face?!

I also wanted to mention the Comfort Inn on I-17 & I-40 because it was awesome and very clean.  They had warm chocolate chip cookies when we checked in, a fully stocked coffee bar all day, an in-room refrigerator, an awesome complimentary breakfast including waffles, eggs, cereals, fruit, yogurt, pastries, etc, free wifi, and it was dog friendly if you were so inclined. There are other amenities, but these were the items we took of advantage of and appreciated most.  Many of the hotels in Flagstaff are run down, so it was nice to find this gem! I will definitely be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment