Monday, October 7, 2013

Yoga & Celebrations!

I love that places/companies are offering more and more free yoga around town.  It's fun to gather with a large group of people and practice outside of your 'normal' studio.  Yoga doesn't have to be super serious with no smiles; it can be anything you want it to be.  It's your practice. The energy at these events is really fun and inspiring.   First up, Lululemon Biltmore and the W put on a free rooftop yoga series.  It was so popular, you had to get there early to get a spot.

Julie and I sporting our Sweaty Bands.

Trish!

Julie clearly enjoying herself with Chelsea's perfect back bend in the background.
Such a fun evening.  Thank you girls!
Addy wanted to go to yoga too.  :(
Luluemon Biltmore also hosts yoga, I believe regularly on Sundays, on the lawn outside their store.  The weekend we were going was extra hot, so they moved it inside.  My inspiring friend, Chelsea, was teaching the class.  She teaches regularly at Urban Yoga.  If you get a chance, go check out her class.  She's awesome.

Yoga, Lulu, Sweaty Bands; what more could you need?!

We were lucky to get a second Lululemon store in Scottsdale recently; at Fashion Square Mall.  This store is now offering community yoga classes at the Valley Ho on Wednesdays at 6pm. Go check out sunset yoga with all your yogi friends and it's free! I believe the entire month of October is featuring instructors from Gainey Village!!

One of my favorite yogis, Julie!
  Moving onto some fun celebrations.

Wendy's Birthday Dinner at Z-Tejas.
Julie & Erin making 40 look good! 

Julie, Erin, Christy, and & I at Pearl Sushi!

Would you ever believe these beauties are 40ish?!  I hope to look like them when I grow up.
Julie and I hit up the Gainey Village Spa Ladies Night Out event!  They offer this every Thursday.  For $40 you pick any three treatments on the list and enjoy appetizers and wine in between.  So much fun. 
My friend Kimmy and I hit up happy hour at 5th & Wine.  If you haven't been to their happy hour, you're missing out.  $5 glasses of wine; anything on the list!  They have other deals as well.

2 comments:

  1. Love that lulu offers complimentary yoga at all its studios! During the summer, the stores here host rooftop yoga downtown MPLS, and it's AWESOME. So fun to see the city lights from the mat! Also, looks like some fun celebrations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The community that Lulu creates with these events is so great. Fun to meet new people and check out various locations.

      Delete