Friday, April 26, 2013

Austin: Part II: Mellow Johnny's & Downtown

I finally got to visit Mellow Johnny's! I've been wanting to go here for years.  I'm a huge Lance fan, still to this day.  Judge away.
Love the brick building.
Juan Pelota Cafe

Love!
A cool piece for different stages of the tour.
Another pretty Trek!
Spin & training studio.
Lance memorabilia
I enjoyed walking around and checking out downtown Austin.  Lots to see and way too much for the photo hoarder to capture.  Your tour in pictures...
6th Street: Bars, bars, and more bars lining both sides of the street.
Loyal Starbucks girl picking up her new Austin mug.











Music everywhere!
This statue of Willie was super popular.  Everyone needed a picture, so I figure I had better get one too.

Gold boots.  Only in Texas.
I didn't get to eat here, but I will on a future trip.  I love me some hot dogs.
Also for a future visit list.  Post race fun here I come. 
That evening we hit up an area near Downtown called Rainey Street.  It's a bunch of old houses that have been turned into bars.  You walk up and down the street, stopping in at the various houses/bars.  Such a cool and fun idea.

Banger's, our first stop.  A fun bar with a LOT of beer.

You think they don't have what you want?!
Next stop, icenhauer's.  Fantastic cocktails & a great outdoor area.
Last bar, Bungalow.  A laid back, dog friendly patio bar.
BFFs.
Kris and I.
Our final stop, Stony's Pizza.  Like Portland, Austin had quite a few food trucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment