Thursday, April 4, 2013

March Birthdays

My girls and I celebrated the March birthdays by making candles at Crockett's Honey in Tempe.  One of our girls might be dating the owner of the honey shop; I cannot confirm nor deny.  Upon arrival, we setup shop and got a tour of the facilities.  Candle making most definitely requires wine and snacks.

We don't mess around.

Lots-o-honey

The ladies
Equipped with wine in one hand, we got down to business.  Melting the wax, picking a color, choosing a scent; it was all very overwhelming for this indecisive girl.  One of my friends said, 'Robin, it's a candle scent; not a husband'.  Have mercy.

HOT wax

Pick a scent.  Sounds easy, right?!  NOT.
Picking the color was much easier.
Super crafty. 
 
A natural candle maker aficionado? 
Thinking I'm such a master crafter, I decide to combine two colors.  I'm convinced they're going to make a gorgeous swirl looking candle.  Clearly I missed the color lesson in kindergarten.  Hmm, orange and blue?  POOP brown.  It may not be pretty, but let me tell you, it smells fabulous!

Some of the finished products, drying.
March Birthday Girls!
Cutest beekeeper I've ever seen!
This was one of my favorite events.  It was casual, fun, and we got to take home a candle.  Thank you Brian for hosting us!  If you need any honey goods, you can pop over to Crockett's in Tempe and pick up a large variety of items.

No comments:

Post a Comment