Friday, April 12, 2013

More Spring

Living in Arizona can be rough; the summers wear on you.  It's ridiculously hot and by the end of October you will do anything to stop sweating.  Needless to say, we treasure November-April and March never lets us down.  Downtown Scottsdale is overtaken  by visitors and spring breakers checking out spring training.  I met some family friends down at the Rusty Spur for some afternoon beverages.  The Spur is one of my favorite bars; intimate and simple; however, I'm used to visiting in the evening.
As I'm sitting there with my friends, they let me know that the horse is coming soon.  Say what?!  Apparently, during spring training, the singing guitar guy gallops into the Rusty Spur, sings a song, and then backs on out. It's crazy; this bar is NOT big.
So, a horse walks into a bar...
We celebrated St. Patty's Day pretty low-key, which was perfect.  We hit up one of our favorites, Indulge Burgers, with our friends Kristen & Brandon.  Luckily it was a Sunday and they have some great deals: 1/2 off bottles of wine, $5 Pitchers, & $2 Domestics. On top of that, their happy hour is everyday from 3:30-6:30 and includes $2 Landsharks & Bud Lights, $4 Premium Drafts, $2 off well-drinks & wine, & 1/2 off appetizers!!  This makes for an awesomely delicious and cheap evening.  Go check this place out!
St. Patty's Day isn't complete without some Pro Compression shamrock socks.  Oh, and a cake pop!
I have a couple of girlfriends who work nearby in downtown Tempe.  We gathered for a midweek lunch date at NCounter on Mill Ave.  This place is popular and so good! You stand in line to order your food, pick a seat, and they deliver it to you.  I had an amazing turkey pesto sandwich that they kindly grilled for me; probably one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. 

Anything better than good friends and good food?!
In triathlon related news, my bike is complete!  Trek replaced my cracked frame, but there was some drama over the parts.  Bottom line, they don't supply the parts.  None of the parts from my old frame fit on this frame, so I had to order them.  Anyway, it's done now and it's gorgeous!  Thanks to Tribe Multisport for getting her setup. 
She will look even prettier with race wheels.  Love her already.

No comments:

Post a Comment